What Is The Difference Between Detox And Rehab?
Detox and rehab are often associated with each other but they are separate experiences.
Just about every recovery program needs to start with the process of detoxification.
It is the official first phase to recovery and is necessary to the program because it purges your body arid gets rid of the toxins that have accumulated during the course of using.
Detox is the first step, and rehabilitation is the next.
Your body needs to be free of all the drugs you’ve been using before you can start the path to sobriety.
You can expect the physical aspects of going through withdrawal to be mildly unpleasant, but once detoxification has been completed you can start rehabilitation and start healing.
What Is Going Through Detox Like And What Does It Entail?
- Detox is the first step to recovery.
- Detox takes place in a home like environment to help clients deal with their system adjusting to the substance’s absence.
- Detox is often described as more difficult than rehab by people who have been through it. However, rehab can be just as challenging in different ways.
- It takes place in a safe and comfortable place.
- The body craves the substances it was used to and goes through the physical throes of withdrawal.
- Detox starts to peak about 24 to 48 hours after ceasing use of the substance.
- The withdrawal experience varies depending on the type of substance, the length of use, the way it was used, and overall health.
- A lot of physical as well as emotional uncomfortableness and distress.
- The detox process typically lasts five to seven days.
- You go through and work on the physical aspect of your addiction.
What Is Entering Rehab Like And What Can You Expect?
- Rehab is the step after detox. The process of staying sober continues after rehab ends.
- Rehab takes place in a safe and calm environment that is supportive of the client.
- There are no locks on the doors because rehab is only going to work if you choose to be there.
- Where detox is about facing the withdrawal, rehab is about looking at your addiction honestly.
- You learn about the aspects of addiction.
- You begin to learn the skills that you need in order to stay sober and clean and away from drugs and alcohol.
- You learn strengths as well as resources to reinforce your sobriety once you leave rehab.
- A lot of emotional and mental distress that abates or is more tolerable as therapy goes on.
- Rehab typically lasts 28 days.
- You work on the mental, physical, and emotional aspects of your addiction.
What Detox Can Help You Get Off Of
Detox can help you get off of a wide range of substances.
What Rehab Can Help You Get Through
- Your anger
- Unresolved issues and feelings of hurt
- Your past
- Trauma and unaddressed feelings and history
- Your pain
- Self hatred and torment
- Things you have been carrying around inside of you
Symptoms Often Experienced While Going Through Detox
Symptoms from detox reach a peak a day or two after use has ceased.
At The Recovery Way, we will help you deal with all the unpleasant side effects of detox.
Our medical assistance monitors you and helps you to work through this process. Our team of addiction therapists helps you with the experience, which often has mild to severe side effects.
These can include:
- Night Sweats
- Rapid heart beat
- Higher blood pressure
- Muscle tremors
Reservations About Going Through Withdrawal And Rehab
Clients often are reluctant or scared of withdrawal because they have only experienced going through detox on their own.
The Recovery Way Staff offers official management in a licensed detox setting.
Using high quality, specially designed detox programs, clients get a totally different experience than withdrawing on their own. Often clients have fears that they will relapse or go through too much pain both in detox and rehab.
Some clients even fear that their behavior or actions may be used against them later. Our clients have complete and utter privacy and confidentiality.
You will learn that going through withdrawal supervised is more comfortable and safe than on your own and rest easy knowing you are in a structure environment.
THE WAY TO RECOVERY IS HERE!CALL NOW TO SPEAK WITH A COUNSELOR: 888-627-6327
START YOUR NEW LIFE TODAY!